Welcome to I'm a Scientist Get me out of here!
About I’m a Scientist
I’m a Scientist is like school science lessons meet the X Factor! School students choose which scientist gets a prize of £500 to communicate their work.
Scientists and students talk on this website. They both break down barriers, have fun and learn. But only the students get to vote.
This zone is Zinc Zone. It has a range of scientists studying all different topics. Who gets the prize? YOU decide!
The Zinc Zone is sponsored by the Science & Technology Facilities Council, whose research ranges from electrons moving at near the speed of light, neutrinos that seem to go faster than the speed of light, and smashing subatomic particles together to study the early Universe to using beams of subatomic particles to read scrolls that are over 1000 years old – without even opening them.
You can find out more about STFC work from soaps and shampoos to power stations, and visiting STFC facilities to experiment with hydrogen cars, shaker tables, cathode ray tubes and more!
Get On Board!
Would I'm a Scientist be great at your school?
Get your teacher to sign up now by sending them this link -
- what is time? what causes it? is it energy or somthing else?
- What’s going to be the next big breaktrhough in your area of science?
- Why do Monkeys eat bananas?
- Why do ducks have beaks (1 Comment)
- What sort of chemicals do you use when doing a chemical test?
- what is AID?
- What is the meaning of life? is it really 42?
- Are any of you fascinated by gyroscopes, I know I am.
- PETA I hope you win this competition you are a really good at science
- I think that your work is really inspiring and very complex . i would love to be able to be as clever as you what sort (1 Comment)